Principals are the cornerstones of our schools. The Cree School Board values strong, compassionate, innovative principals. The role offers the chance to positively impact a school -- its students, teachers and staff – as well as the community as a whole.
As our ideal candidate:
- You put the best interest of students above all else;
- You believe that all students can succeed;
- You are collaborative, working as part of the school team;
- You are comfortable navigating complex systems;
- You will build and foster a solid partnership and collaboration with the community’s leadership, as well as with the school’s partners;
- You are a problem-solver: you demonstrate agility, resilience and resourcefulness;
- You innovate and drive change projects, building on pre-existing projects and programs.
- You hold a valid and permanent Quebec teaching license (brevet) – if you are certified from other Canadian provinces you can easily apply for a Quebec license;
Come, walk with us!
JOIN the adventure - apply now!
If there is no current opening, our Principal Bank will enable you to be contacted. Note that candidates must meet the requirements as listed. Language requirements may vary depending on school needs.
HELP US advancE the Cree nation through education!
The Cree School Board offers a unique academic environment that is tailored to create winning conditions for student success:
- Smaller classroom sizes
- Innovative school programming
- Leading techniques and practices
- Alternative learning models
- Professional learning and development opportunities for teachers and staff
- Cultural collaboration
And enjoy our community living!
Here are a few other good reasons to join us:
- Live in a welcoming, close-knit community.
- Enjoy a peaceful way of life.
- Discover the invigorating beauty of Eeyou/Eenou Istchee (James Bay region).