The Cree School Board is happy to announce the commissioners for Nemaska, Chisasibi and Oujé-Bougoumou.
- Gertie Jolly was elected in Nemaska.
- Robin Pachanos was elected by acclamation in Chisasibi.
- Daisy Shecapio was re-elected in Oujé-Bougoumou.
The newly-elected commissioners will be sworn-in at the next Council meeting in Waskaganish on September 11-12, 2019. In addition, a Vice-Chairperson will be named.
As of September 11th, the list of Commissioners will be as follows:
- Sarah Pashagumskum, CSB Chairperson
- Rachel Kawapit, Whapmagoostui
- Robin Pachanos, Chisasibi
- Stella Lameboy-Gilpin,Wemindji
- Nian Moses, Eastmain
- Brenda Hester, Waskaganish
- Gertie Jolly, Nemaska
- Errol Mianscum, Mistissini
- Daisy Shecapio, Oujé-Bougoumou
- Emily G. Mianscum, Waswanipi
- Jean-Denis Cananaso, Washaw Sibi (Observer)
The Cree School Board Commissioners and Administrators wish to thank the outgoing Commissioners Teddy Wapachee (Nemaska) and Mimie Neacappo (Chisasibi) for their dedicated service.