The New Paths for Education program provides funding to strengthen First Nation Education and improve the quality of education in First Nation schools. As of 2011-2012, New Paths was consolidated to include First Nation SchoolNet, Parental and Community Engagement, and Teacher Recruitment and Retention.
The objectives of the New Paths for Education program are to:
- Strengthen First Nation education management and governance capacity through local capacity and educational institutional development;
- Improve the effectiveness of classroom instruction through curriculum and language development, pedagogical improvements, Information and Communications Technology (ICT);
- Support parental and community engagement in the education of children and youth which is conducive to a supportive learning environment;
- Assist band-operated schools to recruit and retain qualified teachers and educators and provide them with professional development opportunities; and
- Enhance Information and Communications Technology (ICT) in the school.
For more information, contact:Judy Washipabano
Regional Coordinator for New Paths for Education
203 Main Street
Mistissini, Quebec, G0W1C0