This checklist is intended to help future students prepare for their journey to post-secondary education.
1. I’m ready to go to Cegep/college or university
Researched programs of studies aligned with my educational and career plan.
Researched educational institutions that offer the program(s) that are in line with my educational and career plan.
Applied for admission to my program choice(s) at the educational institution(s).
- Found out the requirements to apply for Financial/Educational Assistance at CSB-PSSS.
- Gathered the required documents to support my Application for Financial/Educational Assistance at CSB-PSSS:
- A handwritten letter (blue or black pen) describing my educational plans & career goals.
- Birth certificate(s) (mine and dependents – child or spouse)
- Previous academic records (high school & others)
- Latest MELS or OSSD transcripts of marks
- Copy of the application to the educational institution(s)
- Acceptance letter from the educational institution(s) – as soon as I receive them.
- Applied for Financial / Educational Assistance at CSB-PSSS (before March 1st / October 1st) and attached the required documents to support my application.
- Sent any missing document(s) to CSB-PSSS before April 1st (November 1st for Winter semester) to ensure that my application is considered.
- Read all communications received from CSB-PSSS.
2. I have been accepted at an educational institution AND approved for financial/educational sponsorship by CSB-PSSS
- Know my budget.
- Apartment hunting time. Understand my rights and responsibilities as a tenant before I sign a lease for an apartment:
- Submit my Travel and/or Moving Request for Start of School to CSB-PSSS (C/O. Sally Trapper – PSSS Montréal).
- Leave my community and travel to my place of studies. I must follow the approved travel itinerary from CSB-PSSS.
- Find temporary lodging, if needed (friends, family, bed & breakfast, youth hostel).
- Attend any orientation sessions provided by my educational institution and CSB-PSSS.
Orientation sessions will help me learn about my school and services offered.
Orientation/information sessions will help me learn about the services of CSB-PSSS.
- Student Affairs Technicians from CSB-PSSS are available to assist me in the transition from my community to my place of study.