SAES Admission


Thinking of applying? Make sure you have all the information you need.

A student may qualify to enroll one of our programs if he or she:

A) is a James Bay and Northern Quebec Agreement (JBNQA) Cree beneficiary and  meets the residency requirements set out in box below;


B) is not a JBNQA Cree beneficiary but is a person who ordinarily resides in one of the nine Cree communities. For these purposes, a person is deemed ordinarily resident in a Cree community if he has resided in such a community for at least 183 consecutive days immediately prior to his registration to the program.

What is a James Bay and Northern Quebec Agreement (JBNQA) Cree Beneficiary?
A JBNQA Cree Beneficiary shall be deemed eligible to the program if he:
a) has a beneficiary number;
b) has been resident within the Territory for at least 183 consecutive days at any time during the 10 years period immediately prior to his application to the Program;
OR alternatively
c) has applied to a program which will be provided at the SAES for a period of 183 consecutive calendar days or more, and undertakes to reside within the community for the duration of the said program comprising at least 183 consecutive calendar days of residence.
Applicants domiciled out of the Territory while employed for 90 consecutive days or more by a Cree Public Entity and relocated for their employment out of the Territory will be presumed to have been resident within the Territory for their period of employment with such Cree public Entity. Children of employees of Cree Public Entities who have not reached the age of majority (18 years of age) will be presumed to have the same residence as that of the parent with whom they reside.

For information on the programs available in your community, admission requirements, or any other concerns, please contact us.

Application Form

Please use the official Application Form and ensure the top section entitled “Applicant’s Information” is completed. Sign it and hand it to your Local Education Consultant who will complete the rest.

Registration documents

You must bring the following documents on registration day:

  • Birth certificate (the original long version; see paragraph below)
  • Social Insurance Number
  • Official Report Cards
  • Most recent Official Transcript
  • Health Insurance Card

If you were born in Quebec: Birth certificate must be issued by the Quebec Directeur de l'état civil and stamped "Certified" or "certifié conforme." If you do not have a birth certificate, please contact the Directeur de l’état civil toll free at: 1-877-644-4545 or by visiting their website.

If you were born outside of Quebec, please contact us.

Admission requirements vary. Additional documents may be required.