Guidance Counselling

Guidance Counsellor


  • Live in an Eeyou/Eenou Istchee?
  • Wish you had a high school diploma?
  • Want to pursue a high school diploma or DEP (Diploma of Vocational Studies)?
  • Want to assess your existing skills or start a professional program?
  • Want to establish a career path?
  • Feel stuck in the workplace?
  • Feel marginalized because of health issues?
  • Lack qualifications to get work?
  • Need financial support to study?
  • Just want to consider your options?

we can help!

Cree School Board Guidance Counselling Services can help guide your path to success. Through the MEES program, SARCA - Services d'accueil, de référence, de conseil et d'accompagnement - the government helps to support students 16 and older who wish to go back to school or consider their options.

Luc Bertrand 180pxLuc Bertrand
Guidance Counsellor


Contact Us

418-923-2764 ext. 1323
Toll free: 1-844-923-3347 ext. 1323

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. 

What to expect

It’s best to start with a phone call to set up a time to meet in person or by video conference. Don’t worry – we can help with that! The Sabtuan Adult Education Services in your community has an iPad is available for you to have a video chat with us. Staff at the office in your community can assist.

Cree School Board Guidance Counselling Services are available to anyone 16 years and older. You don’t have to be a student of the Cree School Board. Our services are free and confidential. All you do is call or email us.

You will meet or speak with our Guidance Counsellor, Luc Betrand. He has 25 years of experience in education counselling.He will ask the questions to get you started and then, together, you will determine your goals and best path. The next step will be to consider your education level. We have many ways to do that.

  • Secondary School Equivalency Test

  • General Development Test

  • General Education Development Test

  • Prior Learning Test

  • Classification Test

If all these are unfamiliar to you, contact us; we'll explain how one of these tests could help you.

How do I receive a transcript of the high school education I already have?

Quebec School System thumbYou can ask us for a transcript if you have done your high school with the Cree School Board.

You can also ask the Ministry of Education (MEES) at the address below:

600, rue Fullum, 10e étage, Montréal
514-788-3325   -   Toll free: 1-866-747-6626
Report Cards, Transcripts, Diplomas on MEES website.

If you did your your high school with another school board you may need to contact them directly.

If it has been more than five years since you were in high school, you might need to ask to speak to the archives department.

How can I get my CCQ card?

• Are you a construction worker?
• Do you have a diploma in your line of work from Quebec’s Ministry of Education?
• Or do you wish to have one?
• Do you wish to become a recognized apprentice with a valid CCQ permit?

By conducting an analysis of your school history, Guidance Counselling Services can help you get your Commission de la Construction du Quebec (CCQ) card.

Useful Links

INFOROUTE All you ever wanted to know about every professional training program in the province of Québec. All vocational and college training programs included.
LEARN QUÉBEC An online resource to accompany you in your studies. Everything from online tools to tutor support over video conference.
SRAM To register at colleges in the western part of the province of Québec, from the area of Montréal to Gatineau.
SRACQ To register at colleges in the eastern part of the province of Québec, from the area of Trois-Rivières to Gaspesia.
SRASL To register at colleges in the central part of the province of Québec, from Saguenay to Lac St-Jean and Chibougamau.
SRAFP To register at a vocational school outside of Eeyou Istchee but in the province of Québec.
EMPLOI-QUÉBEC To help you fina a job in the province of Québec.
CHRD To help you with everything related to work, employment insurance, welfare and finding job opportunities in Eeyou Istchee.
Chisasibi, Eastmain, Mistissini, Nemaska, Oujé-Bougoumou, Waskaganish, Waswanipi, Wemindji, Whapmagoostui.
SERVICES CANADA To help you find a job elsewhere in Canada