Consult the list of programs dates and locations
- Apply coats of smooth and uniform plaster on different surfaces, using trowels or a machine
- Attach metal mouldings
- Seal gypsum sheet joints
- Carry out plaster moulding work and place prefabricated ornamental elements
- Learn and apply occupational health and safety standards
- Code: 5786
- Diploma: Diploma of Vocational Studies (DVS)
- Hours: 810
- Plasterers, Drywall Installers and Finishers and Lathers (NOC 7284)
The most important Essential Skills for this trade are:
- Oral Communication
- Foundry Workers (NOC 9412)
The most important Essential Skills for this trade is:
- Document Use
Applicant must meet the following criteria:
Must hold a secondary school diploma or its recognized equivalent.
Must be at least 16 years of age on September 30 of the current school year and have earned secondary III credits in the language of instruction, a second language and mathematics in the programs of study established by the Minister, or have been granted recognition of equivalent learning.
Must be at least 18 years of age upon entry into the program and have the following functional prerequisites: Have successfully completed the general development test and the specific prerequisites listed in the table below for the desired program, or have been granted recognition of equivalent learning.
N.B.: For programs of study in this category, students may continue their general education courses concurrently with their vocational training if they have earned secondary III credits in the language of instruction, a second language and mathematics in the programs established by the Minister, or if they are at least 18 years of age and have successfully completed the general development test (GDT).
|Language of instruction||Mathematics|