Consult the list of programs dates and locations
- Plan a trip
- Drive on rural and highways
- Perform basic driving techniques
- Vehicle maintenance
- Fuel-efficient driving
- Time management
- Know regulations and laws
- Load and unloading
- Resolve problems stemming from the application of regulations
- Transport Truck Drivers (NOC 7511)
The most important Essential Skills for this trade are:
- Document Use
Applicant must meet the following criteria:
Driving record: At least 36 months as a class 5 driver with no more than 3 demerit points and no suspensions in the last 24 months.
Health, Drugs & Alcohol: Meet conditions of SAAQ medical and visual exams (read details here) and agree to take a drug, alcohol and medication screening test.
Schooling: You must have either a Secondary 5 diploma or Secondary 4 English, French, and Math or GDT (General Development Test) or TENS. If you do not have the pre-requisites, please speak to your local education consultant about General Education options.
Residency: You must be a resident of Quebec to apply for DVS Class 1 Truck Driving. To take the program at Sabtuan Regional Vocational Training Centre, you must be a JBQNA beneficiary.
To register for Truck Driving I, please bring the following to your Local Education Consultant:
- Birth certificate – Bring the original and we will make a copy. If you do not have a copy, you can order one from the ‘directeur de l’état civil.’ Baptism certificates are not accepted.
- Photocopy of your driver’s license – If you do not have a copy, bring one into your local SAES office and we will help you make one.
- Copy of your driver’s record – You can request this from the SAAQ over the phone or online here.
- School transcripts – Please provide a copy of your Secondary 4 or 5 school transcripts or TDG or TENS. These can be requested from the Cree School Board.
- Medical forms – Your doctor must fill out an M-28 form on your behalf. You must also have proof of a recent visual exam by an optometrist, ophthalmologist, or the SAAQ bureau. Click here to download a copy of the M-28 form for your doctor to complete.
- SAES application form: Download the form here and fill out the top section that reads “Applicant’s Information.” Bring or send this application to your Local Education Consultant. They will fill out and authorize the rest.
|Language of instruction||Mathematics|